shoes-175268

0

Boots for winter / cold conditions mountaineering - These boots are worm. Really worm. I had two short trips and in both cases they performed as expected. The first time I did not wear gaiters and climbed few hundred feet thru spots of a knee deep snow. When I took off boots at the car they each had a lot of snow, ice and melted water inside the shell (not in the inner boot) and my feet were dry and hot! The second time I hiked on Mt Rainier in temp below freezing and 50-mph winds at 10k ft elevation - my feet were so hot almost on the verge of comfort zone. These boots perfectly edge. On my both trips I climbed short pitches of 40 degree mixed snow/ice/rock and never slid. I am quite happy with them except that they stress ankles a little bit while hiking steep slopes. I think any kind of stiff boots designed for front-pointing would have this problem.

Shoes jessica:shoes-175268

0 comments:

Post a Comment